Photo by Ryan Quick
The Roller Derby Certification Program for Officials supports the training and recognition of performance for all flat track roller derby Officials.
To attain all levels of certification, Officials must complete a set of online training courses and a test.
If you fail the test, you can take it again 30 days after the original test date.
Please see more information on the Certification Program on wftda.resources.org and make sure you check out the Roller Derby Certification Program for Officials Learning Guide!
You may pursue Referee and NSO certification concurrently. This may mean taking both tests one right after another. Anything that is the same for both (Risk Management and Rules classes) count towards both, so you only need to do them once. But please be reminded that you will still need to take all 3 position classes from the NSO as well as the Referee curriculum.
The cost for access to coursework and tests, which is required for all levels and Legacy certification, is $30 US (payable via PayPal). This fee is necessary to cover the cost of the online learning program and includes:
- Online learning subscription for all courses for the certification level, for the duration 2 years;
- The appropriate online test for the certification level (may be re-taken after 30 days). Any re-testing needed to pass for certification will be free-of-charge once the initial payment is made.
- Other benefits and courses may be added to the subscription in the future.
- If you need help paying the fee, please fill out the Bettie Mercury Officiating Scholarship Request Form.
- The payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Your account may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one account.
- Please make sure the email address you signed up with is the same one you are using for your Officiating Identity.
- You may not use the site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account and for maintaining the security of your account and password.
- By signing up and using the LMS service, you agree to these Account Terms and the WFTDA Online Learning Honor Code.